Friday, May 25, 2007

Money Well Spent

Hidden inside a $14 billion package for rebuilding and relief in New Orleans is a paltry $3.5 million proposition to build a monument to those who lost their life to the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. Although no specific design, method of choosing one, or location has been proposed, planners are "urging" completion by 2018. Also, no money has been secured for the project, and the costs of upkeep were estimated at $70,000 a year.

Is your head reeling in confusion too?

I wish somebody would give me that chunk of money to do something, somehow, somewhere, 11 years from now. Trust me, it will be good -- that's how I figured my undetermined "thing" costs 70K annually to maintain. Don't worry, it's tucked into a way more extreme amount of spending for legitimate reasons -- nobody will question it.

No comments: