Friday, July 13, 2007

Run, Idiot, Run

It's that time of year again in Pamplona!

The Spanish government reported 13 injuries on the 6th day of the famously dangerous and stupid running of the bulls portion of the San Fermin festival. Many were trampled, but the highlight for me were the seven gorings.

As you can expect, the gore victims are in serious condition and most have had surgery. This was for their wounds, and not to fix whatever brain damage they had initially that made them think deliberately running with six 1,300-pound bulls was a good idea.

Since record-keeping began in 1924, 13 people have been killed during the runs, with the most recent in 1995, which is too long ago if you ask me. Strangely, there is no annual "Swim Australia In A Meat Swimsuit" or "Get Between A Mother And Her Cub" event, because I'd like to hear the casualty reports from those.

Live by the stupid, die by the stupid.

UPDATE: The latest story coming out of Spain is that two of the gored runners were American brothers, who not only got gored at the same time, but were photographed as it happened. Really, it was all over the Spanish papers...see below.

"I think my brother and I underestimated the speed and danger of it," Lawrence Lenahan said, making the understatement of the fucking year.

"I started yelling at my brother to show him I was bleeding everywhere but he showed me he was bleeding everywhere," Lenahan added. He was gored in the buttocks, while younger brother Michael was injured in his leg. What a touching moment of fraternal bonding.

Lenahan confided, "We will definitely be back again. My brother will never run (in the festival) again, but he would like to come back to celebrate."

The elder Lenahan, in addition to being a fucking genius, is also charged with the task of defending our nation from evil-doers and villains, having inexplicably risen to the rank of captain in the US Air Force. It's no wonder we're losing the war overseas -- that is the caliber of retard protecting our liberties. He couldn't defend himself or his brother from a bull, what good is he going to be to America against an invading force?

Mr. and Mrs. Lenahan, I regret to inform you that you sired two absolutely fucking idiotic boys who spared themselves injury at the processing plant or drunk driving in their pick up truck by heading over to Spain. Nonetheless, Darwinism caught up with them, and next time it won't be so forgiving. I hope you're proud of your shining little angels. And to think, that could have been a couple of blow jobs.

I think your nomination for parents of the year is in the mail.

It takes a village to raise a child. This village failed twice.

No comments: