Monday, July 30, 2007

The Bridge

After being stymied for weeks, The Bridge finally became available through Netflix.

Ever since I had seen the trailer linked from a website, I was fascinated with the movie and the premise. As expected, the film was intense and incredibly disturbing, but an amazing document of one year with cameras pointed at the Golden Gate Bridge. With a combination of curiosity and compassion, the jumpers, their families and friends, and even eyewitnesses were pulled together to paint a thorough picture of suicide at the most popular spot on the world for attempts.

The film is unbelievable and I urge everyone to watch it.


2 comments:

Idle Eyes said...

I wondered about this film. I wasn't going to rent it, but with your strong recommendation, i think i might.

famous m said...

Just be sure you have something upbeat to watch or listen to afterwards...