Friday, July 11, 2008

Patina My Weekend

Now that Scarlett is back in town, I can go about celebrating my birthday with a fancy dinner. At Patina!

Years ago my pop took me there and it's been a treat whenever I get to go back. Sure, the entrees are pricey as hell, but it's that type of place where you get rare and exotic ingredients and the highest quality food. I was always a big fan of well cooked meals by famous chefs (I did a tour of duty with Wolfgang), but after discovering Top Chef this last season I'm even more excited to have gourmand dining. They even have a cheese cart where a fromanger (like a sommelier is to wine they are to cheese) has about 30 different flavors to try as an after dinner aperitif - my mouth is watering already.

So tomorrow night I'm going to eat the shit out of some good food, and probably spend the next two weeks working of the decadent calories, but...I'm worth it.

No comments: