Friday, July 25, 2008

Crapendectomy Weekend

Time to put in the extra hours at work for the end of the month, and that also means cleaning all the shit off my desk. Then there's the continuing battle against the entropy of my apartment, which will certainly be set back by the exertion of cleaning at work. Maybe I should just buy a new place...that way, I have to throw all my crap out rahter than pack it. I should ask Famous Sister, who as of this week is a homeowner. Congrats, sis...once again you've bested me, first to another accomplishment. I guess that's why mom and dad had two kids...y'know, for backup.

I am sad this weekend not just for needing wake up before dawn and spend the day downtown at work, but because there's only one IMAX theater nearby and all the reasonable showings of The Dark Knight are sold out in advance. Stubborn enough to mandate I see it in IMAX, but unwilling to see a 1.40am screening - yep, that's me.

And finally, weekend greetings over to SDCC - San Diego Comic Con for you non-geeks. La Fem(Ry)bot and Herr Docktor are both down there, albeit not together. La Fem(Ry)bot is covering the nerdining for Mahalo Daily, whilst PhD is enjoying the perks of accompanying his gal Weebins, who is also circling the con for Blizzard/Activision.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Ahhhh Comic Con...what a treat!