Friday, April 4, 2008

A Sporting Weekend

There will be sports, as I'm headed to a Clippers game Sunday, will have some interest in how UCLA fares in the tournament, and watch the season closer for the LA Kings tomorrow.

It was another rough year for my favorite team in the best sports of them all, and I'm sad to see that the post-season option on my tickets was once more not able to be exercised. Being a fan, at best, is brutal - and I don't mean just for my troubled team. Sure, there's the Detroit Red Wings or the Yankees, who are perennially good and have millions of fans outside their city - and that's called being on the bandwagon. But for the rest of us, it's highs and lows and months of following injuries or road games or divisional races.

The off-season is going to be just as difficult to manage, wondering who acquisitions will be made, which players I saw in their last game in a Kings jersey, and if the team is going to make improvements for the upcoming year - and all of this after watching teams I loathe attempt a Stanley Cup run. Nothing sucked more than seeing Anaheim win last year, and tomorrow they play the Kings. Is a victory too much to ask for? (UPDATE: yes, it was)

But being a fan means dealing with all of that, and as they say, there's always next year...

No comments: