Friday, February 15, 2008

Handrails, That's What They're For

David Garrett, a former model who has been called the David Beckham (an injury prone athlete married to an anorexic singer?) of the classical scene, said he fell while carrying his 18th century violin as he was leaving London's Barbican Hall after a performance, smashing it to bits.

Pardon me, but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"I had it over my shoulder in its case and I fell down a concrete flight of stairs backward," Garrett said. "When I opened the case, much of my G.B. Guadagnini had been crushed." Those long, metal poles that run along side the steps? That's so you don't eat shit and ruin your 230 year old violin. Way to bend it like Beckham.

Garrett said he bought the 1772 violin for $1 million in 2003.

The accident occurred on December 27 but only became known this week when he returned to London for a concert and told British reporters what an idiot he was. "I hope and pray that it can be fixed, but if it can't, I hope my insurance policy will let me buy another great violin," he said. Also soon to happen, letting convicted drunk drivers get new cars!

No comments: