Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm So Fucking Hard Right Now

Little did I know half a year ago that real estate and the home market was littered with sexual terminology.

It was barely more than a month ago my realtor called me on a Saturday night, after we'd seen several places that morning, and he'd found the ideal place for me. I went that night and saw one hell of a place. After deft negotiations and holding firm to my price through the storm of additional bids, we got the offer accepted. Escrow closes next week, and now that I've removed all the contingencies as a buyer, the deal has, as they say, "gone hard". Loan papers will be signed by week's end, wire transfers will take shape, and Yours Famously will be one of the few who took advantage of the burst housing bubble and crazy low interest rates, and become a first time homeowner.

Two beds, two baths, two fireplaces, even two separate a/c and heating units for the joint...1500 square in a Westside condo not five minutes from my current digs in a cozy little eight unit building. It runs the whole south face on the third floor, and feels wide open. It's been a stressful time, and there's still moving to do, but damn it, I'm still excited as hell.



3 comments:

Idle Eyes said...

ho.ly.sheeeeeeeeiiiiiiit.
snap! way to go, bro. you the man.
congrats.

stay hard.

daniel said...

i can't wait to puke all over that carpeting. that's how excited i am for you.

famous m said...

And to show you all how much I love you, nobody has to help me move!

I do, however, think there may be some free or severely cheap things available that are not going to make the journey.