Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wrasle!

All aboard the express train to Awesometown, because Mickey Rourke is going to wrestle at Wrestlemania XXV in Houston on April 2nd.

“The boys from the WWE called me and asked me to do it,” Rourke explained. “I said, ‘I want to.’ I’m talking with [WWE legend] Rowdy Roddy Piper about it.” And when he does jump into the ring with WWE, it appears the actor may already have his sights set on an opponent. “Chris Jericho, you better get in shape,” Rourke added. “Because I’m coming after your ass.”
It remains unclear whether he’ll be wrestling in character as Randy “The Ram” Robinson from his acclaimed performance in the title role of The Wrestler, or whether he’ll be in character as "Mickey Rourke, Guy Who Pets Chihuahuas on the Red Carpet". Please let it be chihuahuas please let it be chihuahuas please let it be chihuahuas…

No comments: