Thursday, September 13, 2007

Memory Block

The winds of bullshit are blowing strong, whipping up with more than a year before presidential elections.

The smell was Republican presidential candidate Fred Thompson giving no opinion when asked about efforts by President Bush and Congress to keep Terri Schiavo alive. He says he does not remember details of the right-to-die case that stirred national debate. Clearly, she was not the only one brain dead at that time.

"I can't pass judgment on it. I know that good people were doing what they thought was best," Thompson said. "That's going back in history. I don't remember the details of it."

I know Thompson is old, but that's just the most feeble crap I've ever heard, and a pathetic dodge. I can remember what theater I saw Return Of The Jedi in over 20 years ago, and I sure as hell know everyone recalls that little incident two years ago that sparked protests, saw laws enacted, and created a national media firestorm.

Maybe they should have asked him if he remembers working on Law & Order, season 16, episode 353: "Age of Innocence", aired October 12, 2005, which was inspired by the Shiavo incident.

Not that I would vote for any Republican in this election (or likely ever), but it certainly won't be Thompson getting my punch card. If any of you sustain a blow to the head and somehow vote GOP, try to have some dignity and not cast your ticket for such blatant lying - that's supposed be apparent after they take office, not way before.

Freddy...why you do this to me?

No comments: