Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Dear Famous Sister

Dear Famous Sister,

Big news on the Yahoo! front page says that there's a sex-discrimination lawsuit at your company.

Two former female employees describe a men's locker-room atmosphere at sales offices and allege they were systematically denied equal pay. Have you ever been forced to accompany your male coworkers on company-paid strip club visits? They were. Sounds like a great company to me...I couldn't get my old bosses to approve supplies, let alone a trip to a titty bar.

Pay attention to the results of Monday's hearing where they will determine if they will include all women who worked in sales from 2001 to 2004. Maybe that will roll into the legal department...

Apparently, more than 40 women have alleged sex-discrimination by EMC in lawsuits, affidavits and complaints with the EEOC. Even The Wall Street Journal published an article about the discrimination case, which I hear prompted your president to issue letters to all the employees regarding the allegations.

I'm sure none of that applies to you or your work environment, and that you'd have dealt with the situation anyhow to fix it, but you know I'm just looking out for you. You haven't needed or wanted me to fight your battles since I threw that kid who was mouthing off into the lockers in junior high, but that's just my brotherly duty. But if there is a company-wide money grab, well...just see what's going on around you. You always did want to have more time to go sailing...

Love,
Your Brother, The One And Only Famous M

No comments: