Friday, November 14, 2008

Bigmouth Strikes Again

I believe there is a genetic disposition to be an overbearing, pompous, narcissistic, delusional dickbag for some people. I strayed away from it when it was brought up last week at the election, but the buster and ridiculousness of Sean Puffy P. Diddy Puff Daddy Combs, who made this retarded statement about the Obama victory, needs to be called back into question:

"I felt like my vote was the vote that put him into office. It was down to one vote, and that was going to be my vote. And that may not be true, but that's how much power it felt like I had. I'm not trying to be dramatic, but I just felt like, Martin Luther King, and I felt the whole civil rights movement, I felt all that energy, and I felt my kids. It was all there at one time. It was a joyous moment."

Wow, you incredible, arrogant prick.

So now a week later, the similarly employed, equally egotistical, and regularly self-promoting Kanye West shares his all-too-high opinion of himself with us: he thinks he is to music what Michael Jordan was to basketball.

Uh, try more like what he was to baseball.

"I realize that my place and position in history is that I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice. It's me settling into that position of just really accepting that it's one thing to say you want to do it and it's another thing to really end up being like Michael Jordan."
West added Justin Timberlake had a chance to be music's MVP, but hasn't put out enough material (Timberlake's last album was in 2006, while West had one last year, and drops - as in like a shit - his latest in two weeks). "There were people who had the potential to do it but they went on vacation, so when Justin went on vacation I made albums," he said. "And it just came out to be that."

Never one to take the focus off himself, West reminded us of his mother's death after having plastic surgery - and how it all really ties back into him.

"I'm just going through balancing that. And I always used to have that support system, you know. My mom would be there; no matter what, she was there before everything. We were together for like 30 years. And you know now when I'm on that stage and I look out and I say, 'What am I going to do with the rest of my life?' Like when does a real life start?' Because I have sacrificed real life to be a celebrity and to give this art to people, which is great. It is great that I was able to do that, I'm not trying to shun that in any way, but it's definitely a Catch-22 and it's bittersweet."

Thankfully, his humble lesson from all that was not to be humble. Way to raise your boy, Donda.

The only tolerable "Bigmouth" striking again is in The Smiths song:

1 comment:

Idle Eyes said...

i love your labels. they are really like the punchline to all your posts, or should i say throatpunchline?