Thursday, May 20, 2010

Georges

Funny "friendship" between Georges and Georges.

UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and former Montreal Canadiens forward Georges Laraque accepted a mutual challenge to face off in grappling match...that's what Wednesday night television is like in Canada.

The bout will take place at St-Pierre's Tristar gym in Montreal, and will be shown on Friday's edition of Off The Record at 6pm on TSN. "First we will do a wrestling match, because he believes that he is going to be able to put me down at will, and I believe that I am going to be able to put him down at will," explained St-Pierre. "On the ice I would never go against him, he's going to beat me and I agree with that 100%, but on the floor I have no problem."

By the way, St-Pierre currently weighs 190 pounds, while Laraque tips the scales at 270 pounds. Maybe it's not such a lop-sided advantage. "I think because of the weight difference he's going to have a hard time," said Laraque. "I want to pick him up and body slam him." Though Laraque is "going to find out that it's not that easy," according to St-Pierre.

Now I know what I'll be downloading Saturday morning.

No comments: