Friday, September 26, 2008

Brawler Weekend

McCain found his balls (or Sarah Palin let him borrow hers) and has agreed to show up at the presidential debate tonight. It ought to be interesting, not because they'll be spinning the same rhetoric, but Scarlett and I are going to watch with a couple of other non-politicos and play some debate bingo. And yes, that involves drinking. I don't think there'll be anything proven tonight (unlike the VP debate where I expect Biden to bitch-whip Palin), but hey, it's my American duty to follow this election mess.

By the way, did I mention fuck the Republicans?

I'm looking forwad to some great McCain gaffes that hopefully Obama will nail him to the wall on. Going to pick a fight with Spain? Tell us about our robust economy? What other incredible and confused statements he could make are only as wild as our imagination and his dementia. This ought to be a chance to see if he can pull it together and look compitent and not just ready for a nap. And why such interest in the GOP? Know your enemy and see what they're capable of. Because nearly half this country voted red the two previous times, and this election is hardly a lock. Ugh, I can't even think about a McCain victory. It's been a great past eight years, wouldn't you agree?

No comments: