Monday, December 21, 2009

Just Your Typical, Fatal 32-Year-Old Heart Attack

The new celebrity math is easy...young actress plus dies suddenly equals unnecessary chiming in via Twitter from others.

Ashton Kutcher (who dated Murphy and starred alongside in Just Married), said: "2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany’s family, her husband, & her amazing mother Sharon. See you on the other side kid." If so, hurry up and get there, douche.

Jessica Simpson wrote: "Brittany Murphy was an incredible ray of Light to so many people. Her smile was contagious. My prayers are with her family and loved ones."

Kim Kardashian said: "I am in shock that Britney Murphy has died! Clueless is my all time favorite movie. My prayers go out to her family & husband."

Limp Bizkit singer Fred Durst said: "RIP Brittany Murphy. What a sweet human being. My prayers are with her friends and family." Apparently his manager once dated Murphy.

Lindsay Lohan wrote: "My deepest condolences go out to all of Brittany Murphy's loved ones and may she rest in peace. ... She was a great talent w/a beautiful soul xo."

Friend Eliza Dushku said, "My heart aches having just learned of Brittany Murphy's death. We were friends time-to-time thru the yrs. I always admired her pure spirit."

"This is horrible news when anyone passes," Khloe Kardashian wrote on her Twitter. "I'm so sorry for her family. Send prayers out, please!" Can we get a worthless trifecta can have Kourtney add her two cents?

"Brittany Murphy and I did a USO Tour together in 2003," Alyssa Milano recalled. "She was a sweet soul, with a lot of talent and heart."

"Am beyond words by the loss of Brittany Murphy," Soleil Moon Frye tweeted. "I was so blessed to know your grace. My heart goes out to your mama+ loved ones." Thanks Punky Brewster.

Kat Dennings wrote simply, "R.I.P Brittany Murphy. This is so awful."

"Am very shocked to hear of Brittany Murphy's passing," director Edgar Wright tweeted. "Was a fan of her in 'Clueless,' 'Freeway' and 'Sin City.' Very sad to lose someone so young."

Simon Pegg said: "Just heard about Brittany Murphy. How very sad. Met her briefly after Sin City. Seemed a great girl. My sympathy to her friends and family."

And critic Roger Ebert tweeted her praise, writing, "Brittany Murphy, dead at 32. She had a genuine quality." Yes, she was so...alive.

I've harped on it before, and loathe that twatting out is less about the commentary and more for the commenter to get their cred for weighing in. What Jessica Simpson and the Kardashian beast clan have to say about Brittany Murphy is 100% unimportant. And pretty much everyone else for that matter.

I guess we should all act surprised too, even though there were rumors of drug use and sexual proclivity several years ago. Quoth
WWTDD:

It would be hard to describe Brittany’s behavior the past few years kindly. Increasingly odd choices took her life in a strange direction, and as far back as 2005 people were talking privately about an addiction to heroin and sexual compulsion. It didn’t help when Ted Casablanca of E! Online wrote this thinly veiled blind item:

If I were you, I wouldn’t invite Jordache Junky to your son’s bar mitzvah. She might lure him into a stairwell and do him. Now, don’t get me wrong, girlfriends. Most boys would be thrilled to get into J2’s prissy undies. I mean, she’s been in, like, a million movies, many of which young boys just worship.That’s why I can’t believe what she pulled at a Hollywood bash last week. Gulp. There’s no delicate way to put it, so here goes: J.J. banged a cater-waiter. And she didn’t take him home in a doggie bag. Nope, J.J. jumped this dude’s bones in the damn stairwell.

Murphy was the spokesmodel for Jordache at the time. Jordache + heroin = Jordache Junky.
Her legal team wrote a swift and long winded denial, even though she was never actually named in Casablancas post.

It’s not clear yet why a seemingly healthy 32-year-old would have a heart attack (drugs), but the previous rumors may give a hint (it was drugs). The details to come in the next few days will probably not be kind (drugs), so I chose to remember how good she was in things like ‘Sin City’ and as Luann on ‘King of the Drugs’.
They have more here and here, and there will be plenty to follow. The family says she was ill days earlier, but as usual, the coroner will let us know what the story is.

What was weird to me was when I found out yesterday, not only was her Wiki page updated as dead (which I expected), but someone had gone and made changes to possible future projects like Sin City 2, referencing her death. It's marvelous that things are updated in near-real time, but that was only seven hours after time of death. Who exactly is being that thorough so soon? Also sprung up immediately was the
BrittanyMurphyRIP user profile on YouTube. You can loop "Rollin' with tha homies" if that's how you grieve.

No comments: