Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Intolerant Lactose, Or Cheeseheads Bowed

Circle October 5th on your calendar.

If there's anything or anyone left alive after that game, the Packers and Vikings have a rematch November 8th, this time on the Lambeau tundra. Green Bay fans have rued today, as Flip-Flop Favre about-faces yet again and joins their nemesis. While Scarlett, her family, Herr Docktor's sister, and the state of Wisconsin seethe, fans in Minnesota hope the grizzled QB can boost their team the same as he did the New York Jets last year.

My feeling (since you asked)? Get over it. Loving me some hockey the way I do, players end up getting traded from your favorite or signed by teams you hate. I would never want to see any of my Kings end up playing for those dickbags in Anaheim, but I'd still like the player, even if I hoped the team went down in a plane crash. It's a fact of sports, and more importantly, a key way you team is going to get better - by getting that good player from your opponent. What comes around goes around, so deal with it.

The real travesty with this is Favre's second spin on the maybe / maybe-not express. I happen to like Favre the QB, but Favre the decision making athlete is a fucking jerk. Stop changing your mind and don't keep making choices you're going to flip on right after. You have lost your cred. The NFL is filled with felons, ranging from murderers, drug traffickers, cheaters, and animal abusers, but for all those acts, I still think less of Favre with his bullshit "Peter and the Wolf" act. Criminal as they may be, at least they were committed to what they did. Athletes should be role models, and a double murderer like Ray Lewis (acquitted) has more of my respect than a whining pussy who keeps quitting and coming back like Favre.

No comments: