Friday, December 21, 2007

Last Minute Weekend

C'mon, you still have a few dollars left! Be good little consumers and max your credit!

The worst part of the holidays is gift giving - not that I mind getting stuff for those I love, but I do not like getting gifts. Must stem from my self-loathing. I just don't like the notion of giving a gift because it's a holiday, and worse, I pretty much have or acquire the things I want when I need them. Sure, I could get a 60" plasma or some other upgrade, but I don't need the biggest, newest, or best of anything if I didn't already get it myself for a genuine purpose.

Too often, with the spectre of necessity hanging over, we ask for things we'd want rather than need, because we know we'd not waste the money on it for ourselves, and somehow having when it's bought for us justifies having something unnecessary. It was easy to skip my birthday, because sometimes you're just too old to get gifts, but the holiday was a little trickier. So I caved and thought my ass off to come up with things I truly needed, and it will be a holly jolly Christmas for one Famous child.

That, and work unexpectedly will be closed completely Monday, paving the way for a four day weekend and only this morning's half day as the total labor output for a week and a half. Shit, that is a Xmas miracle.

No comments: