Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Browmarked

Kentucky baller Anthony Davis is expected to be the top draft pick in the NBA next week, but he won't be the best groomed.

Davis has trademarked his unibrow, which gained attention as his school made their national championship run,  "I don't want anyone to try to grow a unibrow because of me and then try to make money off of it," Davis said. "Me and my family decided to trademark it because it's very unique." I don't know that you can trademark bad decision making, but Davis has trademarked the phrases "Fear the Brow" and "Raise The Brow."  Could this work?  Back in 1988, then-Los Angeles Lakers coach Pat Riley trademarked the phrases "3-peat" and "three-peat," in anticipation of the team winning three consecutive championships.  I haven't heard of big 3-peat cash getting paid out on it, but he's covering his bases...

Davis refuses to trim the unibrow because, "everyone's talking about it" - thought I think he ought to be listening to what they're actually saying.  The athlete recently signed on with the Wasserman Media Group, and already has stars in his eyes.  "I might have a commercial where I'm acting like I'm shaving it and then I'll throw the razor down," he said.   Sorry to break it to you, but that's the opposite of a commercial, and no company is going to pay to endorse not using it's products.

With all the money pro players make, why would you make yourself look like a transsexual just to get a few more dollars out of your own trademark?

No comments: