Monday, October 6, 2008

F1ntastic

Rybot hosted his near-weekly F1 viewing last night, and the Singapore Grand Prix was baller.

Was it the HD broadcast shown on the projector? Was it the first night race ever (and the incredibly elaborate preparation)? Was it the kettle corn? Or was it the duel between two drivers and two teams who are dangerously close in points going into the final races of the season? Perhaps it was Team Ferarri's gas hose accident that jacked pole position driver Filipe Massa (and a couple of pit crew as well). Auto racing tends to be lame (yes, you NASCRAP), but you can't fuck with F1. You can't.

2 comments:

Idle Eyes said...

Oh, I can, and I will: BOOORRRIIINGG!
I think I would have a good time making a sport of trying to piss off and distract the serious F1 watchers. Maybe those cars aren't going around in a circle, but they might as well be. Between your hockey and Ryan's F1, I'd take the former in a second. I had a nice time watching EliteXL Saturday Night Fights, poor Kimbo Slice was unlucky, losing his first pro bout, in a what-the-hell-happened 36 seconds.

famous m said...

That's what I thought, until I watched it in Rybot's lair. Between the snarky comments, flowing microbrews, and in depth coverage, it made me change my mind. I'm probably going the next time...come and give it a shot. But, yes, hockey #1.

I saw that Slice "fight" too...puss. He's a badass, but MMA may not be for him.