Tuesday, December 4, 2007

J-Stats

It's been two weeks since I plunged back into the online dating world, and here's some numbers:

15 - the women I've contacted with interest
11 - the number of those who read my email to them
3 - how many have actually responded, and one was to politely say she wasn't interested

12 - women who initially contacted me
4 - who I responded to who interested me
2 - live in Newport Beach, which is too damn far, but both abruptly stopped responding.
1 - angry, divorced mother of two who didn't want to be told I wasn't interested

3 - dates planned
2 - dates broken (by them) the day of
1 - second date (for this week)

Let's not mention the hundreds of profiles I've looked at to boil it down to those select group who mostly avoided responding to me. Dating is a numbers game, and you have to be prepared to make a lot of effort and get little in return - it has a natural way of weeding out the riff-raff.

No comments: