Friday, November 9, 2012

Brown Out

Unlike the wonderfully charming reference to the Halloween episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, this has less laughs for sure.

The powerhouse Los Angeles Lakers are a shitty 1-4 to open the season, and coach Mike Brown is taking the brunt of that fault.  Also know as The-Guy-Who-Had-To-Follow-The-Incredible-Phil-Jackson-Era, Brown barely lasted more than one season at the helm.  Many have said he wasn't the right man for the job since last season, but with a roster including Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and new additions Dwight Howard and Steve Nash, even I should be able to get them to a better record. Indiana Pacers assistant Brian Shaw, who was one of the original contenders for the position before Brown's hiring, may be back in the mix as well as former Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni. Other websites also throw Rick Adelman as a possibility, but at this point, anybody could get the job if they're not already the head coach of the other 29 teams.

I have only two more F1 races left in the year, and with the continued NHL lockout, the Lakers were going to be my attempt at being involved with professional sports over the winter (save the once a week Packers games thanks to Famous Wife Scarlett).  I'm not ever gonna go for the San Diego Los Angeles Clippers, bad ass as Blake Griffin is, because I was at The Forum courtside before I knew my multiplication tables, so I hope the Lakers can get their shit together.  I'm not holding my breath for the third run for Phil Jackson, but whomever they get, I hope they turn it around.

Who knows...there was another team that plays at the Staples Center who fired their coach this year and finished the season by winning the championship, so I wouldn't write them off yet. 

No comments: