Thursday, February 4, 2010

Your Lack Of Faith Is Disturbing

How badass is the power of the dark side? It helped Darth Vader kick cancer's ass!

David Prowse spoke of his joy at winning his year-long battle with prostate cancer. The Star Wars actor (74) got the all-clear last month.

The 6'6" former body-builder stunned doctors by making a full recovery after intensive radiotherapy at London's Royal Marsden Hospital. "I've won the fight and I'm feeling better than ever. Everyone was shocked by how well it all went."

Prowse admits he was lucky to be diagnosed early after a Prostate Cancer Support Association worker urged him to ask his GP for a blood test. Like his brother, who also beat the disease, Prowse advises men over 50 to get tested. He said: "I've had people saying I've saved their lives. I got the same with the Green Cross Code, it's happening again."
No more yuks or giggles here...just cancer getting whomped, and that's good enough for me.

No comments: