Thursday, June 10, 2010

Off To The Races...

In 24 hours we'll be out on turn 2, right there at the bottom of the picture!


UPDATE: We made it cross country and over the border...though there was a moment I thought I wasn't going to make it. Somewhere in the second hour of the flight I had a surprise nosebleed, which I don't get. EVER. Not in my day to day or when flying. But I must have blown a vessel somehow (all the stress from work - and not being there, prep for travel, Scarlett moving in next week, Herr Docktor's wedding the week after), and it was quite a nosebleed.

I moved to the galley in the back of the plane and signaled the flight crew, and when it appeared that it wasn't just a few drops, they found a doctor on board. In the most awesome turn of luck, the doctor on the plane was a Orange County based neurosurgeon, which made me feel a whole lot better about having a bloody faucet coming from somewhere in my head. The bleeding was stopped and after a check of my vitals, I was able to go back to my seat and ride out the rest of the flight.

1 comment:

daniel said...

super jealousity. austin 2012 fo sho.