Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sauber Story

Patience has paid off for Nick Heidfeld, who will replace Pedro de la Rosa at Sauber for the remaining five races of the season. Now can we try and get Karun Chandock back on the grid this year?

The German spent much of his career with Swiss-based Sauber, racing for them from 2001-03 and from 2006 until BMW quit the sport at the end of last season. De la Rosa, 39, was making a comeback after years as McLaren reserve and after three seasons out. He struggled to be competitive with Japanese rookie Kamui Kobayashi, who scored 21 of the team's 27 points so far.

"It was a hard decision for me to make as a team principal and I want to thank Pedro for his professionalism," said Peter Sauber. "By signing Nick we have a driver we know extremely well who will help us to further judge the comparative potential of our car."

Heidfeld, who has never won a race in 167 starts, has finished second eight times. "I'm looking forward like crazy to having the opportunity to go racing again in a good car in Formula One from the Singapore Grand Prix onwards," he said. "After the last months I'm even more motivated than ever. Without doubt I will be feeling at home straight away and this should help me to familiarise myself as soon as possible with the car."

The next "return" story I hope to confirm is if
Kimi Raikkonen gets a drive at Renault!

No comments: